TFS Integration Platform
Other Available Downloads
- Readiness Material
- This documentation introduces some of the migration technologies, takes you through a number of common migration scenarios and associated guidance and covers a number of common questions and answers. Specific guidance is focused on TFS to TFS migrations. Please note that the same documentation is included and installed as part of the product installation!
- TFSIntegrationTools.msi - Release build of the TFS Integration Tools built on the TFS Integration Platform. This release includes Version Control and Work Item Tracking adapters for TFS 2005, TFS 2008 and TFS 2010 as well as a File System adapter that can be used to migrate snapshots into TFS. A graphical user interface for configuring and running migration sessions is also included.
- (old) Feb 15 TFSIntegrationTools.msi - An older release that includes a TFS 2010 adapter compatible with TFS 2010 Beta2. This version should not be used if you do not need TFS 2010 Beta 2 compatibility.
- Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Getting Started - This archive contains the sample source code as referenced in the Getting Started document (part of the TFS Integration Platform Documentation release).
- TFS Integration Platform Documentation - this archive contains all of the documentation needed to get started with the TFS Integration Platform. The PDF and Office documentation styles are included in the code base in the Documentation folder. Inside the archive you'll find the following documents:
- Getting Started Doc
- Architecture Overview
- Migration Guidance Doc
- Custom Adapter POC Doc
- Adapter Documentation, including
- TFS Version Control Adapter Doc
- TFS Work Item Adapter Doc
- Visio Diagrams
- Rangers blog posts table of content
- Migration Planning Poster
- Custom Adapter Proof of Concept (POC) - A document that walks through the setup of a development environment for the TFS Integration Platform, and contains a guided tour of a proof of concept (POC) adapter. The document was written with the purpose of helping adapter developers understand the key concepts for building adapters on the platform.
- POC Adapter Source - http://tfsintegration.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets see: IntegrationPlatform/Adapters/PocAdapter
I know it's an old post, but I want to move from Clearcase to TFS? so does the tool still working and anyone try to do so.?
on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:10 PM
If Apple had written this, it would just work.
Don't waste time with this tool. They have made obscure and useless error messages into a high art form.
I want to sync the files between two TFS servers. About the simplest case I can imagine.
The tool complains about VC namespace conflicts and at 30 second intervals says it can't find the last item to create a sync point or something. P-O-S!
on Mar 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Was able to migrate from TFS 2008 (Using Scrum For Team System) to TFS 2010 (using Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 1.0) It worked great! I did a brief step by step here:http://serverfault.com/questions/177800/how-to-transfer-from-scrum-for-team-system-v2-to-visual-studio-scrum-v1
on Sep 8, 2010 at 6:50 PM
The v1.0 release of the Team Foundation Integration Tools is available here: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/5a8d1703-7987-4081-ba2f-9d0b68b0ed3e
on Aug 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Any time I can use a free tool to solve a real life problem I'll give the tool 5 stars every time. We used the integration platform to keep a customers new TFS 2010 beta version (we wanted the new test tools yesterday!) synched with the their old TFS 2008 version until we could get the entire dev team hooked up with the release bits. Hats of to the TIP team for providing us with the capability.
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:52 PM
I like the project name , but I can't the tool's function. so I must try it .
on Jun 12, 2010 at 1:12 AM
I ran the TfsMigrationShell and migrated tons of code from TFS2008 to 2010, no problems. Many thanks!
on Apr 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM
on Mar 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.