WSS to TFS Tools
The sample tools that are included with the Toolkit are two samples that convert data from WSS to TFS. One of the samples migrates and synchronizes data between a WSS Shared Document library and TFS version control (WSS2TFS_Adaptor). The other sample migrates
and synchronizes data between a WSS Task List and TFS work items (Wss2TfsWit).
Configuring the Samples
Below is the list of fields that must be configured to run each of the WSS migration tools.
Fields that must be configured to run the WSS2TFS_Adaptor (VC sample):
- TFS details, including Workspace, WorkspaceRoot, and Server URL (in the Server node)
- WSS details, including BaseUrl, DocumentLibrary, and GMTOffset
Fields that must be configured to run the Wss2TfsWit adaptor (WIT sample):
- TFS details, including Project, Filter, and Server URL (in the Server node)
- WSS provider details, including BaseUrl, and TaskList
- WorkItemType mapping (the type
Fields that must be configured to run either of the sample tools:
- Sql details, including ConnectionString, Database
- TFS URL under the Server node
WSS Version Control Adaptor Settings
The following table lists the settings that are specific to VC sessions that are using the WSS2TFS_Adaptor.
||Determines whether a stub version of a file will be added when the add version is missing from WSS.
||The integer id of the culture of the WSS document library. Used to parse dates of files.